Saturday, May 21, 2011

First Inspection

So, today I finally had time to wash all the cars including the which until last month had been living at our shop. Over a beer and while listening to some football I finally had a chance to scour my new (old) jaguar and try to establish some of the heritage of the car. Ultimately I drew the conclusion that the person working on my car previously had little or no idea.

So what's next - I finally have a full day off from work for the first time in seven months (coincidentally around the time we bought the jag). Finish organising my shed, then move the Jag into its resting place for the next six months. I am hoping to have the car finished in time for the summer, but I will only know how achievable that is once I get into it.

Washing the car revealed that the paint is in slightly worse condition than I realised and that a simple sand cut and polish of the car may not be enough to rejuvenate a bright white colour. Also, it has slightly more rust than I realised and has a miss in both left and right hand sides of the motor.

The last of my parts from Roger Bywater arrived this week, so I now have the silencer substitute pipes to improve the sound of the V12. Looking forward to hearing it on the car.

No one said this would be an easy project so time to get stuck in.

Stu

No comments:

Post a Comment